This year, Team North London Cares is taking on the Thames Path Challenge! The route follows England's greatest river this September - the full 100km route heads upstream from Putney Bridge past Hampton Court to Runnymede of Magna Carta fame at 50km, then on past wonderful scenery all the way to Henley.
Our walks are the highlight of our challenge calendar. Whichever distance you choose, and however you take it on, your challenge will be a test of stamina & determination - and anyone who has participated in the past will attest to the fact that they are tough, but the camaraderie, pride and elation at the finish line are well worth.
Last year, volunteer Fi walked 100km for her community. It took her over 24 hours - walking continuously through the the day and night - to make it to the finish line in Brighton.
She found it not only a physical challenge but a mental challenge as well - and it was the camaraderie and support of her fellow walkers around her that kept her going! You can read more about her journey here.
Interested in taking part?
The date to put in your diary is Saturday 8th September- and 9th September for those challengers taking on the big 100km.
The minimum fundraising targets are:
· Full Challenge – 100km: £80 Registration Fee / £425 Minimum Sponsorship Target
· Half Challenge - 50km: £60 Registration Fee / £275 Minimum Sponsorship Target
And until 11th February 2018, you'll have the opportunity to get 2 for 1 on registration fees for the walk if you and a friend sign up together.
How to sign up!
Once you have selected the challenge you would like to take part in, fill in your details and select the following options:
· How are you joining the Challenge? Joining a Team.
· If you are in one of our Corporate Teams as agreed with Action Challenge, please select it here: I am not in a Corporate Team
· Preferred Start Time: 8:00am-9:00am
· Listed Charity Selection: North London Cares
Then scroll to the bottom and fill in the team information:
· Do you want to create or join a team? Join a team.
· Team name: North London Cares
With every step you take, you'll be helping to combat isolation and loneliness across Camden and Islington. So get your boots on, your compeed blister plasters at the ready (if you don’t know what they are, you soon will), and join us for the Thames Path Challenge this September!
Posted by Victoria Buckle on Friday 12th January 2018
Victoria is North London Cares' Development Coordinator